Main objectiveThe main objectives of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania and Bucharest, both at the national level and territorial level, are to promote Romanian trade, industries, agriculture and services, both at home and abroad, and to represent and defend the interests of the Romanian economic operators before the domestic authorities and in their relations with specialised organizations.
MembersMembers of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania and Bucharest are traders, natural persons and legal entities, that accept the Articles of Association of the Chamber, as well as county and bilateral chambers of commerce and industry, occupational associations and employers? organizations.
There are more than 7,500 members -individual and group members- all over the country, from which 95 % are represented by the SMEs.
Membership of the ChamberThe Chamber is member of International Chamber of Commerce, Eurochambres and the Association of the Chambers of Commerce of G-77 Countries, Association of Balkan Chambers of Commerce, Association of Chambers of Commerce in the Black Sea Region, and of the conference of Chambers of Commerce of the Central Europe Initiative Countries.
Main services offered to business community
- Assistance for business start-up
- Business consultancy
- Promotion of business contacts through:
- bilateral and multilateral partnerships
- organization of fairs, exhibitions and commercial events at home and abroad
- the International Investment Fair, an initiative of the Chamber at its 3rd edition in 1999, to promote foreign investments in Romania
- organization of business missions abroad and in Romania for Romanian and, respectively, foreign businessmen
- advertising and other promotional methods
- Assistance for SMEs in implementation of the marketing and export promotion programmes funded by UE
- Assistance in developing an ecological and consumer protection environment
- Providing legal and business information through the Internet national systems RECOM and SINFOCAM (created and developed by CCIRB in collaboration with regional and global networks, such as: World Chambers Net, BRE, Dun and Bradstreet, ABC Network etc.)
- Basic information and co-operation for local development
- Expert assistance in trade law and arbitration for settlement of commercial disputes
- Training and further training of the Romanian businessmen
Euro Info Centre as a specialized department of the Chamber of CommerceSince June 1995, when Euro Info Centre Bucharest was set up by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania with the support of PHARE Programme and of the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a direct link for exchange of information was created with Euro Info Centre housed by the Brussels Chamber of Commerce and Industry. In the long run, the Romanian centre developed the specific activities aimed to disseminate European information for Romanian SMEs, to help them in approaching the single market and to participate in the exchange of information within the European network.
The main activities, as defined by the European Commission procedures and by the statute of the European network, consist in informing, assisting and accompanying Romanian companies on the European single market. Many European projects were implemented by EIC Bucharest aimed to raise awareness on European matters and to promote the business partnership at European level.
More information: http://www.euro-info.ccir.ro